Volunteer opportunities are limited due to Alliance ‘s relatively small staff and ability to manage a meaningful experience that provides value to Alliance’s work and the volunteer. Potential volunteer opportunities have included:
- Spring or fall yard maintenance – raking, landscaping, weeding landscape, picking up trash.
- Adopt a property and implement landscaping improvements.
- Host a community dinner or BBQ for the tenants of our 27 unit rooming house.
- Joining Alliance’s Board of Directors or one of its working commmittees.
If you are interested in any of these opportunities, please call or email Barbara Jeanetta at 612-879-7633 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Our volunteer opportunities are also posted on the Hands on Twin Cities website: http://www.handsontwincities.org
We welcome your contribution, of any size,
in any of the following ways:
Alliance is able to build and manage quality,housing for people with very low incomes or who need a 2nd chance. Through providing a financial gift of any size you will help:
- Keep tenant rents 15-30% below market while still balancing the property management budget.
- Fund part-time staff positions to assist tenants in living independently and remain stably housed.
- Develop new housing for adults and families left out of the current housing market.
On-line donations can be made by clicking the button below:
Alliance Housing Inc.
2309 Nicollet Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55404
By donation of stock to our Vanguard brokerage account
Please call Barbara Jeanetta at 612-879-7633 to obtain relevant information.
We’d be happy to work with you to make arrangements of any other method. Please call or email Barbara Jeanetta at 612-870-2267 or email@example.com
Alliance Housing is sometimes able to make use of donations of goods and services. Here are some of the items we can put to good use.
- Gently used furniture – preferably not upholstered. Kitchen or dining room tables and chairs, dressers, beds, night stands and lamps are needed. We use these to furnish our tenant rooms.
- Personal care and cleaning products. New tenants often need basic items such as toothpaste, soap, toilet paper, shampoo, laundry detergent, all-purpose cleaner etc.
- Potted porch plants. We would use these to beautify our duplexes and other properties.
- “Gently used” maintenance equipment or tools.
We are happy to discuss other donation items with you. Please call or email Barbara Jeanetta at 612-879-7633 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Social Media!
Please plan to join us on Thursday, September 27, 2018 for our annual Alliance Housing Fundraising Breakfast. The event will be held as usual at the Town and Country Club on 300 N. Mississippi River Boulevard from 7:30-8:30am. Invitations will be mailed and emailed in late August.
If you haven’t joined us before, please make this your first time. Guests favorite part of the event is hearing from a couple of Alliance tenants. Staff and board will also share brief organizational updates and a rationale for giving.
Our annual report allows us to acknowledge all of our generous donors and reflect on our accomplishments of the past year. This year we remind our readers of Alliance’s roots and our continuing relational property management illustrated through our seasoned property manager, Bob Bono’s routine. Read also about Brandi who through her participation in our supportive services is putting homelessness behind her.