Though volunteer opportunities may be limited due to Alliance ‘s relatively small staff, potential volunteer opportunities have included:
- Spring or fall yard maintenance – raking, landscaping, weeding landscape, picking up trash.
- Adopt a property and implement its landscaping improvements.
- Host a community dinner or BBQ for the tenants of our 27 unit rooming house.
- Host dinner for one of our bi-annual family celebrations for our Northside Supportive Housing for Families.
- Tutoring for adults studying for their GED tests.
- Child care for families who participate in our Northside Supportive Housing for Families stress group.
- Joining Alliance’s Board of Directors.
If you are interested in any of these opportunities, please call or email Barbara Jeanetta at 612-879-7633 or email@example.com. Our volunteer opportunities are also posted on the Hands on Twin Cities website: http://www.handsontwincities.org
We welcome your contribution, of any size,
in any of the following ways:
Alliance is able to build and manage quality,housing for people with very low incomes or who need a 2nd chance. Through providing a financial gift of any size you will help:
- Keep tenant rents 15-30% below market while still balancing the property management budget.
- Fund part-time staff positions to assist tenants in living independently and remain stably housed.
- Fund supportive housing program staff that are using habit building coaching and subsidies for hours worked to incentivize behavior that will move welfare-reliant families into the working class.
On-line donations can be made by clicking the button below:
Alliance Housing Inc.
2309 Nicollet Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55404
By donation of stock to our Vanguard brokerage account
Please call Barbara Jeanetta at 612-879-7633 to obtain relevant information.
We’d be happy to work with you to make arrangements of any other method. Please call or email Barbara Jeanetta at 612-870-2267 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Alliance Housing is sometimes able to make use of donations of goods and services. Here are some of the items we can put to good use.
- Gently used furniture – preferably not upholstered. Kitchen or dining room tables and chairs, dressers, beds, night stands and lamps are needed. We use these to furnish our tenant rooms.
- Personal care and cleaning products. New tenants often need basic items such as toothpaste, soap, toilet paper, shampoo, laundry detergent, all-purpose cleaner etc.
- Potted porch plants. We would use these to beautify our duplexes and other properties.
- Gift certificates, picture frames, and other new household items. We would use these as prizes for family celebrations in our Northside Supportive Housing for Families program.
- “Gently used” maintenance equipment or tools.
We are happy to discuss other donation items with you. Please call or email Barbara Jeanetta at 612-879-7633 or email@example.com
Follow us on Social Media!
Thank you to all the guests and sponsors of Alliance Housing’s Annual 2016 Fundraising Breakfast. Tenants – Tricia Smith, Tyrone Clarke and Patrick Presley – graciously shared their stories and the importance of stable and affordable housing that gave them a 2nd chance. Alliance debuted its new organizational video.
SAVE THE DATE: The event will be held Thursday, September 28, 2017, as usual, at Town & Country Club in St. Paul from 7:30-9am.
Our annual report allows us to acknowledge all of our generous donors and reflect on our accomplishments of the past year. This year we share some important information on the success of our Northside Supportive Housing for Families program and highlight a growing need in the affordable housing world — aging adults.
You’re invited! Saturday, June 10, 2017 4-8pm. Tuttle’s in Hopkins; 107 Shady Oak Rd, Hopkins, MN 55343. Live music, food, drinks, silent auction, wine wall.